On Ash Wednesday we hear “Remember, you are human.” That is not bad news. After all, Jesus was human, too. Make the most of your humanity this Lent. Be the best you can be. Here are 12 more ways to choose from as you add color to your Lenten cross. If you have not downloaded the cross yet, you can do it now.
- Work in your yard. Meet and visit with neighbors.
- Plant a tomato in a large pot. Find a sunny spot for the pot. Water and care for the plant. Enjoy eating your own tomatoes.
- Organize a junk drawer or storage area.
- Put a water-saving head on your shower.
- Count your blessings. Develop a habit of recognizing ten blessings a day.
- Check out our online Lenten retreats
- Read the Omnivore’s Dilemma about where food comes from.
- Find in Genesis 7.11 what threatens humankind with extinction.
FAMILY and FRIENDS
- Give 10 minutes of uninterrupted, attentive listening to a family member.
- Reach out to a member of your extended family that you sense needs some care.
- Take food to a local food shelf.
- Participate as a family in a local spring clean-up.
Click here for a reflection on the scriptures for the 1st Sunday of Lent.