These are the last suggestions for your Lenten cross.
- Plant heirloom or organic seeds.
- Start annuals from seed instead of buying flats at the greenhouse.
- Sort through your clothes and shoes. Donate what you don’t need.
- Minimize the electricity you use for a day. Eat by candlelight.
- Count your blessings. Develop a habit of recognizing ten a day.
- Pray for an enemy.
- Read Barbara Kingsolver’s book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, about her family’s experience of raising their own food for a year.
- The Year of Mercy continues until November 20. Read Matthew 25.31-46. Go to goodgroundpress.com for a list of the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Tell friends and family ways they matter to you.
- Make family meals or meals with friends a priority. Eat and talk together.
- Join or start a faith-sharing group or bible study.
- Participate as a family in a local spring clean-up.